From what I've seen so far, breastfeeding is a lot more difficult than it sounds. Whip it out, put the baby's face to it and let him do the rest right? Piece of cake. Whoa nelly!!! Not so fast.
First, you have to do that like 10-12 times a day and each lasting from 20 minutes up to 40 minutes depending on how fast he's sucking.
Then they get engorged if he doesn't drink enough and you have to pump the rest out or it hurts. I imagine it to be like holding your pee. The longer you hold it, the more it hurts and sooner or later something gives and it ain't pretty.
They also leak for no damn reason. There is no main shut-off valve. It just kinda twinkle leaks all day. So man invents these absorbing pads that you just stuff in the bra to soak up the residual milk.
And sometimes, they get clogged and this seems to cause the most pain. It's almost like a whitehead pimple on the nipple. Sorry guys, no picture on this post. You're just gonna have to use your imagination. Nurse actually had to come in and stick a needle in the nipple to unclog it. I guess it was causing so much pain it was an easy decision. She was actually crying from the clog which causes backup and the pain resonates through the whole breast.
Lastly, I guess massaging it hurts quite a bit too but you have to or it hardens or something.
Sure glad I don't have mammaries!!! Guys we have it easy on this one. I guess it balances out for all the times we get hit in the nuts during our youthful years playing sports.
11 hours ago
3 comments:
Daddy A!
Did you get a chance to feed him yourself yet? Hopefully you will soon because it is one of my favorite moments ever- feeding him for the first time while holding him close. It's hard to explain but you will know what I mean.
Breastfeeding is definitely not simple. As parents, we want to provide the best for our kids all the time...but sometimes you have relax and let go. The main thing is don't stress out about breastfeeding. Supplementing with formula is actually good since breastmilk lacks iron and vitamin A.
actually i think i read that breastmilk has all the iron and vitamins that babies need up until 6 months or so.. so if one makes enough breastmilk, the baby is perfectly healthy without formula.
your milk also changes as the babies grows- your body is pretty amazing.
Post a Comment