Ryder is deligently trying to lose weight as you can see by his dumbell lifts. He does 3 sets of 1 rep on a good day! :) And most other days, he is soooooo strong that he is able to just fling the 246 gram weight across the floor at maximum velocity. They reason we have put him on this very strict fitness regiment is that his face is beginning to look like a big blueberry pancake. And he has folds BEHIND his knee! Now if you read this sentence without laughing, that means you probably don't find this weird. Which leads me to believe that YOU ALSO have folds behind your knee and it's time to put down that Krispy Kreme before you read the rest of this post. You know...just so you don't get any of the sugar crumbs in the keyboard cracks! Actually, Ryder is doing great and although he is chubby there is no weight problem. He does get up everyday and exercise by playing on his back and on his stomach. But I can vouch that he has very little muscle tone right now!The weight problem lies with the author of this post, me...daddy. If you didn't read the previous post from October 31 about ideal weight, I suggest you scroll down and read that one first. Then you will understand what I'm talking about here.
After writing that post, I received quite a few comments, mostly hurtful ones from other dads who use to be "lean and mean", but now have reached the "I can barely see my penis" status. Instead of offering encouragement, they want me to join them on the darkside so they can feel less alone. The only one who offered help was my dear brother Mark. He actually went on-line to research this "IDEAL WEIGHT." And what he found out was interesting. Apparently this IDEAL WEIGHT was something Metlife devised decades ago based on data and research for their insurance policies. Check out the link: www.halls.md/ideal-weight/met.htm By this standard with a medium frame I am only 13 pounds overweight, much better than the 22 the nurse was telling me. BUT the article says this system is flawed so we move onto the next link: www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/ideal-body-weight3146-143.html which gives a much more modern look into ideal weights. I punched in my data 6ft tall and 188 pounds. I'm actually about 6'1" but I believe I'm shrinking. AND.......wah la! "Ideal weight range is 178-195.8 lbs. Congratulations! Your weight is ideal!" I can actually still gain a few pounds. So the moral of my super long blog is... that in this day in age, with the power of the internet, you can justify ANYTHING! Instead of being 22 pounds overweight like that nurse told me. I can still afford to gain 7 pounds and still be "ideal."
And for all of you that felt overweight before, you should probably feel a little bit better than before. And if you are really in the red zone, then maybe it's time to make some very difficult adjustments. It is daunting but maybe one baby step at a time, cuz Ryder would like all his friends and family to be healthy and happy.
3 comments:
daddy A-
reading this post reminded something I should shown you long time ago (or maybe I have already)
check it out- www.venomsportswear.com
enjoy
daddy A-
reading this post reminded something I shouldve shown you long time ago (or maybe I have already)
check it out- www.venomsportswear.com
enjoy
Dumb Bell.....yes. But wouldn't you agree it kinda looks like a microphone if you ignore the botton end of the thing? Taking after his dad?
Post a Comment