Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Gobble Gobble

Ryder celebrated his very 1st Thanksgiving today, of all places in Taiwan. We have quite a few American friends so there was plenty of festivities and lots of Turkey! We actually went to two dinners and had our share of pumpkin pie, ham, and of course the big bird himself. I carved the turkey and halfway thru I realized the bird was 8Kg, a little big bigger than Ryder!!! We had a lot of people but I'm sure like all other Thanksgiving dinners around the world, there was plenty of leftovers. Ryder looked in amazement at how much meat there was and drooled continuously, which he does whethere there is food or not. Then I picked him up and had to compare him to the ham. Which one is fatter? The ham or Ryder!!!??? I think Ryder has out-hammed the ham!!!! The smurf is definitely fatter.
So after finishing dinner, what did we do? We went to another party and ate some more. Then the little guy just passed out from all the food and went to sleep in his seat with his arm to his brow. The little drama queen just couldn't eat another bite. It was just too much for him.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryder is sooooooo cute. The turkey got to him huh? We're just about to start ours here....Happy Turkey Day to you all!!

Anonymous said...

happy turkey day! i was weirded out last year when i too (1) had our first thanksgiving in taiwan (2) realized that jake was the same size as the turkey! hahah