Monday, January 25, 2010

Phuket Getaway

Daddy finally had some time on this lazy afternoon to upload some pictures cuz his work got cancelled today.  It's a perfect time for him to catch up on some post from the holiday season, and make due on his New Year resolution of blogging more.  We were gone for quite a long time and there are soooo many pictures.  So today, we will start off with our little Phuket getaway which was right before we left for Xmas in Los Angeles. 
We actually went to Phuket partly for work, my lil' sis Makayla's first job!  It's about time she started working cuz I've been doing it since I was born.  The Club Med in Phuket was opening a new Baby Med and Makayla was asked to be in some pictures with mommy and daddy.  We gladly accepted...how could not accept a trip to sunny Phuket in the middle of December right??  I got to tag along as the assistant to the child star.
We are experienced Club Medders now and it's always great to return to any of their resorts in Asia.  It really is a great family vacation with no headaches, or that's what my daddy says.  He says I can basically do whatever I want there and he could actually relax a little bit cuz everything is "all inclusive".  I don't really understand what that word means but something about him not spending any extra money there makes him real happy.  Plus there's always great weather,

and great buffet food.  There's ALWAYS something I like at each meal.  There's also so many activities...

like dancing

and sleeping

or just drinking milk!  Which Makayla did a lot of.

This trip was especially cool because daddy painted my face like a dalmation.

There were so many animals that were brought in for the opening, like a baby elephant!

And all sorts of birds, which I was really afraid of.

I really loved the baby monkey who wore a diaper just like Makayla. 

I also got to bake cookies while


Makayla just slept or vegetated.

But she seemed to be having fun whenever she was awake though.

My favorite activity at Club Med has always been swimming.  I can play in the water for the whole day.

This time was different cuz I had a playmate, my sister Makayla.  But she wasn't really that fun to play with cuz all she does is cry and yell words I really don't understand.

Mommy and daddy also told me it was much more difficult this time with the two of us.  They didn't really get to exercise or relax as much.  Mommy even had to take Makayla in the pool during aerobic mornings.  C'mon I thought we were easy to take care of? No?

This trip was also cool cuz we got to go on a sunset cruise on this huge boat.  Luckily not this one.

I got to drive the boat, or rather just sit at the head of it. 

It was a lot of fun cruising around the island with the wind in your hair.

While inside, Makayla was always trying to bite me which has become a very annoying habit of hers.

My daddy says we look so much like the tourist family in this picture with all our floral print shirts. 

Makayla also has another annoying habit of trying to bear hug me all the time but mommy says it's cute!  Why is she so touchy all the time????

Daddy loves this picture.  Makes him feel like a real photographer.  Okay gotta go.  Makayla is waving to everyone "Bye Bye!"  I gotta go too. 
Love, Ryder

4 comments:

Mommy Liz said...

Great pics! What a beautiful family! I need a family vacay! =)

Kuo Daddy and Kuo Mommy said...

I need to get into this club med stuff. looks fun.

joanh said...

wow- a baby elephant and monkey!!!! that looks like so much fun. makayla is so big now!!!!!!! we'll be back next week, hope to hang with you guys soon!

Erick,Roxy and Sophia said...

Love the Phuket photos...looks like you guys had a great fun. I can see the love between Ryder and Makayla or should i say Makayla to Ryder. Ryder looked kinda annoyed in one of the photo with his sister leaning over and hugging him. LOL