Sunday, May 20, 2007

There he blows!!

There hasn't been much to blog about this past week cuz 1)Daddy has been super busy with work and 2)Ryder has been really sick for the 1st time. The little smurf got an ear infection. I wish I could show you pictures but it's in his ear canal. He's also got a very bad cough, runny nose, and a fever. Poor kid doesn't know what's going on cuz he feels all icky inside. He just sits and cries cuz he's obviously in pain. Can you imagine if you were sick and your body hurt but you couldn't tell anyone what's wrong? We sure take things for granted. He's been to the doctor a couple of times now and he seems to be getting better.
I also didn't have any new pictures so there was no new blog....until last night! Boy do I have great pictures for you. He's been taking antibiotics for his infection and I think it might be upsetting him a little. Or it may just be because he is feeling sick. He also coughs really hard so what happpens is it gets so violent that he throws up. Last night was a eruption on the volcanic proportions. He had gulped down his formula and went to sleep. A couple of hours later he starts coughing so I go and pick him up to comfort him in the middle of the night. He coughing doesn't stop and suddenly he makes like a hose and starts spewing ALL over me.Here's a close-up. It was all over my shirt, my shorts, my floor and all over Ryder himself. That kid must've thrown up 8 oz of formula.
So all you prospective mom and dads out there, this is what you have to look forward too. And those mommies and daddies that are working on your 2nd child, have you forgotten???!!!!

2 comments:

joanh said...

aww! poor baby! hope ryder feels better soon. it's so hard when they are sick because you have to just wait it out. :(

Mommy Liz said...

Poor Ryder (ok, Poor Daddy Alex and Momma Jax too). We hope Ryder gets better soon! At least he is still eating right? :)