Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Good Day at School

Ryder's been going to school now for 3 weeks and it's still a battle to get him there. It actually starts the moment he wakes up or rather, refuses to wake up. Then it's a fight to get him to change, to eat, and get his shoes on. When he gets to school, it sometimes escalates to a full blown war and I have to really lay down the law. How long is this going to last??!!
And then there are days like this one, where the Gods shine down on me and everything is like clockwork. The little smurf wakes up by himself, gladly changes into whatever you give him, chows down on his cereal, and literally walks into class all by himself...and smiles! He gives me no hassle, kisses me, and waves good-bye. These are the days I live for and these are the days that make all the OTHER days worthwhile. I love my kid, but it's just sooo sooo much easier to love him on days like this. You know what I mean dads?
How old are you Ryder?
Really? You sure? You wanna think that over?
What? You're a rocker? Give you another shot.
There you go! You're TWO! Almost three.
How old is Daddy? Yeah, I wish I was ten. Either 10 or as happy as you are right now.
Bye daddy, you have a good day too. How quickly he is growing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gotta love the days when they are just very cooperative and happy about everything.

dude, i like Ryder's haircut. The haircutters in taiwan are da bomb. We just have one size fits all bowl cuts here in the states.

the leather jacket is also very pimp. did Ryder roll into school on his motorcycle??

AK

joanh said...

aww. he is so grown up now! as he gets more used to going to school, hopefully you will have more days like today. :) there are days jake doesn't want to go to school either but once he's there he has fun.