Do you guys remember that 70's show, Flipper? The one with the genius dolphin that would save the day at the end of each episode? I use to watch it all the time when I was a kid and even did my sixth grade report on the sonar wielding fish. Ever since then, I've wanted to swim with the dolphins but never had the chance. Last Xmas, we were in Hawaii at the Kahala Resort and they had this dolphin encounter...at LIKE $300 A POP! Wanted to jump in the water but not at three bones a tango. My wife would kill me if I decided to throw down that type of cash just to swim with an oversized fish. She'd probably counter offer by saying she wants a $300 spa package and then I would immediately resort to just taking some photos of the dolphins and LETTING her look at the spa brochure. Anyway, we drove down to Ocean Park here on the east coast of Taiwan and to my surprise, they have the same Dolphin encounter for only $60. Plopped down the money, no questions asked and it was thrilling. Beats the hell out of just petting them at Sea World in San Diego. We spent well over an our with them, celebrityhood does have it's perks! Here's a snap of Flipper giving me a big kiss!

And he also saved a big wet one for Ryder who was fascinated by the creatures.

He loved the dolphins but I'm sure he won't remember this close encounter. Maestro Ryder conducting the dolphin orchestra!
It really was worth waiting 25 year wait cuz we got to swim and dance with them and sooo much more.

But now looking at this picture, it looks like I'm doing more than dancing. Ok I said it already, so no need for stupid comments!
Does anyone remember the show that came on after Flipper, the one with the big burly bear? Can't remember for the life of me. Big Ben? or something?
3 comments:
Alex,
The show is call Grizzly Adams. Glad you live out your childhood dream.
Like Ryder's Mohawk...
Can someone please forward my information to Alex. I am a TV Producer in LA and would like to ask him about a cute Youtube video he posted. Thanks
eschwartz@comcastnets.com
that is so freakin awesome!!!!
ps you do look like you are doing more than dancing w/ the dolphin. LOL
Post a Comment