Monday, August 25, 2008

2 for 1 Special

Well it was time to for a haircut again and what better timing than Father's day here in Taiwan. Rather than celebrate Father's Day in June, it's observed on August 8 here in Taiwan. 8/8 is pronounced ba-ba which sounds like father which I think is actually pretty cool. The uncool thing was I was outta town this year on a business trip so we actually celebrated a little early. We went to our stylist Kelven a couple of days before Father's day as part of a newspaper write-up. The reporter wanted to write an article about how we would celebrate this year's BA-BA Day. So after much thought we decided to get the same haircut!! We asked Kelven for the 2 for 1 special "long on top and super short all the way around" like a poor-man's mohawk. I got my hair cut first and no one decided to take a picture of me so there are NO shots. It's always daddy taking pictures and no one taking pictures of daddy. DID YOU HEAR THAT MOMMY?! We all need to give Mommy Jax some pressure here because not only does she not take many pictures, she has failed to blog as part of her duties. Let me check, yup 10/6/2007 was her last post. She said she would blog once a month and it's been almost 11 months since her last post and Ryder's only 2, so that means half his lifetime. Please leave comments for Momma Jax as they will go directly to her inbox and then she might succumb to peer pressure!
Anyway, Kelven started to cut Ryder's hair and here is shot before he started snipping away.He's so happy even during his haircut.
And after the haircut with a little bit of gel...
Don't we look like twins? I'm just a little bit older of course.
You think he needs some color?
I thought it was pretty dope to get the same haircut and really Ryder has no say in the matter. I wonder what he will say if I wanted to get the same haircut when he turns 18? I think the next time we go in though, we will go for the true mohawk. How about it?

3 comments:

joanh said...

so cute!

definitely need more blogging from mama jax! we got jake's haircut before we left and he cried the whole second half. ah well. no more haircuts when he doesn't nap.

Anonymous said...

dude, your head is huge beside Ryder's! LOL. Celia

Anonymous said...

Is this haircut in style in Taiwan or somewhere in that region? You should have just shaved both your's and Ryder head. Since you are working really hard for the family, I think Jackie should do some blogging. She can't just sit along and do nothing.

Doug