Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Lost Pictures...Found!

Just found a batch of old pictures that I had downloaded but apparently had forgot to post. I'm losing my memory, and free time is scarce, so these things seem to happen more and more now. To combat this problem, I write everything down on little post-it notes, which use to work. The problem is, now my to-do list of post-it pads is thicker than my blank post-it pads. But all is not lost, just delayed a couple of months. Darn, that reminds me, I still have Vegas pictures to post from December! Oh well...that will have to wait..
Haven't seen many of these right? A picture of me with both kids sittin' still. First, they never sit still. Second, no one takes pictures of me! I'm sure all the dads feel me on this one. Right? You guys should all print this picture cuz it will be like a mint Michael Jordan rookie card some day, extremely rare.
When Jackie's parents were in town last fall, we took them to Yangmingshan National Park which is borders Taipei city to the north. It's a gem cuz you can get away from the hustle and bustle of the city just by driving 20 minutes north of downtown. Very rarely do you find a national park so close to a metropolitan area and the views are spectacular. We drove to the highest point and snapped a couple of pictures. Grandma and Makayla with Taipei in the background.
Fog rolled in right when Jax and I try to get a good shot with our little sweetheart.
There's a fantastic restaurant inside the national park, but they are moving. It's great Japanese cuisine and the decor and views are spectacular.
The owner let us take a look at his private residence where he has a great little tea area and displays of his art and calligraphy. Can't wait to go to their new place in Xi Zhi.
Grandpa and grandma spent a month here and Ryder and Makayla just loved playing with them everyday. It's also great for us to have a full house and I ain't gonna lie, we love and appreciate the help.
Nice Kodak moment. Just the dudes! Where's my whisky and cigar??
Makayla, wake up for the photo!!! Nevermind!
Grandpa and grandma heading to the airport. "Please don't go!" a saddened Ryder and Makayla cried. Don't let the stoic stare fool you, Makayla was heartbroken. What you don't see is mommy and daddy sobbing on the side. "No more leaving the kids with grandma and grandpa so we can go watch a movie...boo hoo!!!"
My favorite pic of grandma with Makayla.
Oh grandma, stop giving me little baby bites. Just give me the whole damn spoon!!! I'm hungry.

2 comments:

joanh said...

awww. these are great! m has grown up so much since these pics!

Norm said...

NICE! Just so you know, we are still checking out your blog so keep up the good work.