Tuesday, February 24, 2009
It's a Recession: Everyone Needs To Work!!
As you all know, we are in a global recession. 2008 started out fine but by the end of the year, we were in an economic mess. This year has not started off well and the entertainment industry has been hard hit also. Events have been getting cancelled, news conference and product launches are scarce, and budgets are small. I worked 3 whole days in January, which is only 2 more than Ryder!!! Yup, it's the sign of the times. I don't think I have ever had a slower month in the 12 years I've been here. So ya gotta do what ya gotta do! And that's put the little smurf to work!! He needs to pay his share of the rent. My wife gets a free pass since she's about to give birth but even she worked a maternity print shoot two weeks ago. Everyone's pitching in. Early last month (yup! I'm only one month behind now! Gotta love it.), we participated in a Hakka (google it!) fashion show and Ryder was the star. Here he is in his floral print playin' backstage, not a nervous bone in his body.
We step on stage and the dude is a natural. He starts waving and smilin' all the way down the catwalk. 
And "no", that's not Jackie. She was 8 months prego at the time and Ryder would smoke her in a foot race so mommy was in the crowd taking these pics. We got to the end of the catwalk and we both smiled with all of our pearly whites showing.
On the way back down the the catwalk, the little guy even turned around to remind everyone to clap for him. What a ham! Just like his mommy!
Then we made our exit to a roaring round of applause and I think he was thrilled to be the star. 
We even had to come back on for an encore and Ryder was pleased to do so, especially when he finally found mommy in the crowd.
For this event, we both received the same paycheck so Ryder was able to pay his share of the rent and all the utility bills this month. And for that, I was grateful, especially in these economic times so I rewarded him with a delicious meal. Bread and water! He even treated his friend Beverley. Hey before you guys start saying how cheap I am, I must tell you that he absolutely LOVES bread.
I have a funny feeling you're all going to be seeing a lot of "Working Ryder" this year. Sign of the times baby! Sign of the times!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
good job, Working Ryder! maybe we need to devise a short film script for him and his buddy Jake to be in so they can be Youtube stars. LOL.
i _did_ take a double take at Jackie's stand in.
what a cutie. i love it! can tyson come out there and work - i hear they like half looking kids. we could use the cash. ha ha ha.
Ryder - clearly you need a new agent. Your dad is taking you to the cleaners my man!
Bread and Water!!?? Gotta at least go for the Surf and Turf.
You might want to unionize with your friend Beverly and strike.
AK
Post a Comment