Friday, April 06, 2007

Favorite Toy!

Our son has a ton of stuffed animals, a turtle that lights up, a laughing Elmo, cars with sirens, trains that choo choo, and even a robotic dog that barks. All these wonderful toys within an arms reach ranging from pretty cheap to pretty expensive. I wish I had this many wonderful toys to play with when I was a kid. But you know what's his all-time favorite? Did you guess the laughing Tickle Me Elmo? How about the robotic dog? WRONG!! Ryder's favorite toy, hands down, is a bottle. Yup you read that right, a bottle!!You're probably thinking it's some sort of special plastic bottle that makes noises or something. Nope, he likes the plain old plastic recyclable bottle with nothin' in it. Yup, an empty plastic bottle excites the hell out of him. Any bottle will do but his favorite is the empty green plastic bottle. It captures his attention far longer than any hi-tech toy that we have. He'll chew it, push it, kick it, turn it, throw it, wrestle it, lick it, sit on it, hug it, and just plain LOVE it. It's amazing.To this day, it ceases to amaze me. An empty bottle with a redemption value of 5 cents is Ryder's favority toy of all time. I wonder how long this will last, I hope forever!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

be careful with the glass bottles like the Perrier one in the last picture

Mommy Liz said...

OMG Tyson loves them too....we may be on to an invention idea here ;)

Anonymous said...

I think it has to do with the shape of the bottle that makes it easy to hold onto for Ryder, as well as the narrow mouth of the bottle. How convenient! =)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joanh said...

jake likes to drink out of the plastic bottle.. it's good practice though sometimes he spills!!